2019 WWKD Logo Design Competition
As the first World Wushu-Kungfu Day (WWKD) in 2018 came to a close, videos, photos, and testimonials poured in from all corners of the globe. Since then, we’ve been thinking of ways for wushu-kungfu enthusiasts all over the world to become even more involved in the next one on August 10, 2019 -- here’s one big way:
Be the creative mind behind the logo for WWKD 2019!
We want you to help make the celebration yours by designing the official logo for WWKD 2019 that will be used in celebrations all around the world, including official WWKD memorabilia and video promotions, and will officially represent the holiday celebrated by people everywhere. Please see details below!
--------------------- Dates for design submission: January 18 – March 15, 2019 ---------------------
Submissions should be consistent with the spirit of World Wushu-Kungfu Day, reflecting the essence and goals of WWKD that extend far beyond promoting wushu as an aspiring Olympic sport: “Through WWKD, we aim to raise global awareness of all forms of wushu-kungfu and
practitioners of all styles, traditional or contemporary, for the physical and mental benefits that wushu can offer to everyone.”
These benefits of wushu-kungfu, including developing athleticism, promoting health, boosting confidence, fostering community, and engaging in cultural exchange (among others), are what draws practitioners and fans to the martial art.
All submissions will be reviewed for quality, adherence to specifications/requirements, and consistency with the aim and spirit of WWKD. Up to twenty (20) submissions will be selected as finalists for open voting that will take place on IWUF social media platforms, with monetary awards going to the final design selected, as well as Top Five (5) runners-up, with final results subject to approval by the IWUF Executive Board.
- 1st Place – USD $2,000
- 2nd-6th Places – USD $200
Main Design Requirements:
- The design should give a strong visual impression with creative ideas and vivid colors, and be memorable overall. Keep in mind that the logo will appear in a range of different media (print, online, social media, etc.) and sizes.
- Designs can be created using any software. The size of design files should be no less than 3840*2160 pixels, 300 dpi. Source files of the design, such as PSD and AI, should be submitted along with a JPG file and a PNG file.
- The design should be accompanied by a description of its core design concept. The explanatory text should be an electronic document in .doc or .docx format.
- When submitting, please put the designs and their explanatory texts into one compressed file named “[school/company/team/individual name]_WWKD 2019 Logo Design”.
- Please send an email with design files attached to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “WWKD 2019 Logo Design + Country Code + Designer Name”.
- All submissions must be accompanied by designer’s full school/company/team/individual name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address.
*Note that all logo contest entries are the property of and may be used by and/or changed at the discretion of the IWUF.
Prev: Xu Cai Passes at 93 Years Old Next: Chilean Wushu Federation Celebrates 15th Anniversary Back